VALUE-ADD REAL ESTATEMaximizing Income Potential for a Property
MAXIMIZING INCOME POTENTIAL
- Any commercial property with existing income but also significant opportunities for improvement via operational enhancements, market repositioning or redevelopment
- Goal is to increase property income as the total value of the property appreciates
- Learn more about Value-add here
DOWNTOWN CORE PROPERTIESRepositioning Tired Core Buildings for New Purposes
LOCATIONS IN THE HEART OF A CITY
- The Downtown Market, from permit acquisition to property dispositions, requires a unique skillset and plentiful experience to successfully navigate
- Property experience includes the Jacksonville, Tampa and Orlando Downtown Markets
THE HISTORIC METCALF BUILDING10-Story, 39,256 RSF Historic Office & Retail Building
VALUE-ADD, LEASING & SALE
- Engaged to reposition the outdated, neglected asset in need of a significant refurbishment
- Leased all 10 floors to high-credit tenants on strong leases, completed major capital repairs, and found a premium buyer, before fully going to market, who retained FCPG for the property and asked us to handle two other large Florida projects.
2nd GEN QSR - Former Wendy's3,773 SF Restaurant with full FF&E included in Purchase
3200 PARKWAY CENTER CT
- Rare turnkey 2nd Gen QSR with existing equipment including flat top grill, hoods, fryer and drink dispensers
- Recent renovations completed including new FF&E
- For Sale: $2,090,000 | 3,773 SF | 0.96 Acres
- Learn More Here
Jere helped to assist our ownership group and asset managers in the recent sale of The Metcalf Building at 100 S. Orange A venue, Orlando, a nearly 100-year-old historical building located in the heart of downtown Orlando. Following several other brokers’ attempts to market the property going back to 2008, we engaged Jere to craft an innovative vision for the asset and then worked together through various market conditions to carry out that vison, all the meanwhile keeping the building leased, functioning, and steadily improving its quality.
This hard work ultimately resulted in the successful repositioning of the property, thereby increasing its value significantly and eventually leading to a successful disposition of the asset. We were very fortunate to have Jere on our team. I would highly recommend him.
Jeré was a pleasure to work with throughout the process of selling our Historic Downtown Orlando Building, the Tinker Building. Thanks Jeré!
ABOUT JERÉ MATHENY
Jeré joined First Capital Property Group as a senior sales and leasing associate in 2019 and brings with him a wealth of experience, expertise, and market knowledge in finance and commercial real estate. Jeré’s focus is on landlord and tenant representation with an emphasis on Value-Add real estate in the office and retail sectors. His last 10+ years of experience in successfully working in concert with property owners, asset managers, and property managers in the acquisition, improvement, marketing, lease up, and eventual successful disposition of assets goes beyond standard expectations. Jere’ has a very acute understanding of the correlation between a property’s physical condition, competitive positioning within the marketplace, financial management, and the risk/reward balance pertaining to physical improvements of Value-Add assets and how it all adds up to determine the overall investment’s performance.
Jere’s prior experience was in the equities market where he served as a principal for an equities firm that managed investment portfolios of both domestic and International clients. Following a nearly decade long career as an equities trader, Jeré transitioned to a career in commercial real estate where he began to manage commercial real estate portfolios on behalf of high net worth clients while serving as a principal in a boutique agency prior to joining First Capital. Jere’s unique background allows him to serve clients effectively in managing the financial and operational aspects of commercial real estate ownership.
Jeré has been married to his amazing wife Pamela, an educator who also operates a mentoring group for young girls, since 2005. Together they have two children, Jayden and Madison. Aside from his professional career Jeré is very active in his community, taking every opportunity that he gets to mentor, guide, and inspire underprivileged youth both where he grew up in Stuart, Florida and in Central Florida, his current place of residence for the last 20+ years.
- Board Member – West Lakes Market Street District
- FCPG Top Producer Award, 2022
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Florida A & M University
- Florida Real Estate License – Sales Associate 2010
- Series 7 & Series 66 – Investment Sales Licenses 2002-2009
Matheny Closes 1.24 Acre Off-Market Deal
Matheny Closes 1.24 Acre Off-Market Deal Congratulations to Jeré Matheny on closing a 1.24 Acre deal at 1021 Orlando Ave [...]
FCPG Hosts 2023 Spring CORFAC International Conference
FCPG Hosts 2023 Spring CORFAC International Conference Last week, FCPG had the privilege of being the hosts of the 2023 Spring [...]
Matheny Brings Mason’s Famous Lobster Rolls to Downtown Orlando
Matheny Brings Mason's Famous Lobster Rolls to Downtown Orlando Congratulations to Jeré Matheny on bringing Downtown Orlando’s 2 South Orange building [...]
Stories of Stewardship
The Historic Metcalf Building Stories of Stewardship
The Historic Metcalf Building 100 S. Orange Ave., Orlando, FL 32801 BACKGROUND In 2011, The Historic Metcalf Building ownership sought our team’s [...]
Stories of Stewardship: Village at Hunter’s Creek
VILLAGE AT HUNTER'S CREEKVillage Park Drive, Orlando, FL 32837 BACKGROUND In 2012, our team was selected to help with the repositioning of a [...]